Going through a divorce can be an emotionally challenging time. The financial intricacies associated with separation agreements and divorce decrees have their own unique complexities that require the help of a trusted financial advisor.
Our firm specializes in helping you through the process of divorce without destroying your savings. Our financial advisors will help you analyze potential settlement options to clearly understand their impact, and we will help you make fully informed settlement decisions.
We also work to ensure your needs are addressed for a fair and worry-free outcome. Having gone through a divorce myself, I can relate to my clients’ experiences and emotions as they move through this process. And as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® practitioner, I have completed rigorous training and education courses on this process.
Top 5 reasons to hire a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® practitioner during the divorce process:
- Financial analysis conducted early in the divorce process can save time and reduce anxiety.
- A CDFA® professional can help clients save money during the divorce process.
- A CDFA® professional can help clients avoid long-term financial pitfalls related to divorce settlements.
- A CDFA® professional can assist their clients with developing a detailed household budget to help avoid post-divorce financial struggles.
- Using a CDFA® professional can reduce the amount of apprehension and misunderstanding surrounding the divorce process.
CDFA® professionals helps divorcing clients understand:
- The short-term and long-term financial impacts of different settlement proposals
- Personal vs. marital property
- Valuing and dividing property
- Analyzing pension and retirement plan issues
- Spousal and child support
- Determining if a client can afford the matrimonial home (and if not, what might be an affordable alternative)
- Tax problems, liabilities, and solutions
- Evaluating the client’s insurance needs